Interesting Statistics and Facts About SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Facts Marketers & Business Owners Should Know
If you own or operate a business in the 21st century, you not only need a website, but you need an SEO optimized site that ranks on the first page of Google. Increasing leads, getting more customers, promoting your business or selling any type of service online all starts with SEO (search engine optimization). Whether you try to do it yourself or hire a professional SEO & digital marketing agency, learning some fun and statistics can help you grow your business. Refer to our list of 15 interesting SEO facts and statistics to help you get on the first page of Google!
15 SEO Facts to Help you Achieve 1st Page Rankings
- Over 65% of online activity begins with a search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Safari, etc.)
- ¾ of all online searchers don’t bother going past the first page
- Google holds over 86% if the search engine market
- Companies that blog have 434% more indexed pages in the search results than those who don’t
- Leads from organic SEO are 8x more likely to convert than those through paid ad campaigns
- The average length of content for websites on the first page of Google is 1,890 words. Read more about why Content is Key for High Rankings
- YouTube is the second largest search engine (it is owned by the same company as Google)
- Over 90,000 Google searches happen every second
- Google adds 500 – 600 changes to its search algorithms each year. Luckily for SEO marketers only a few of the yearly adjustments are considered major and will drastically affect rankings
- 40% of page one Google rankings are HTTPS, which was added to Google’s ranking algorithm in 2014. Read our detailed blog about the Importance of SSL Certificates.
- Over 80% of consumers read the website copy before making a purchase
- Updating & replenishing existing landing pages and blog posts can increase organic traffic by over 110%
- 8 out of 10 shoppers research a product or brand before making a purchase
- Search engines drive much more traffic to websites than social media (about 300% more)
- SEO is the main way to get your business onto the first page of Google results
If you’re not getting the rankings or results you’d hoped for from your website or current SEO campaign, call Total Web SEO today at 215-284-7918 for a no obligation consultation. We understand trends shaping the future of local SEO and digital marketing strategies for success!